CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Still day 2.
We made it to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house (Jarrett's grandparents on his dad's side). We drive down Shelby Stephens Road (Pawpaw's name) to get to their house. How awesome is that to have a street named after you? There is a Huffhines (my mom's maiden name) street off Greenville Ave. in downtown Richardson - my mom's side were the the founders of the city, waaay back in the day.
We were so excited to see them and for the girls to spend time with them. I was loving it. Like I said earlier, I was very close to my grandparents and they have been gone for about 10 years now. So I crave TLC time with this generation. My great grandmother, Mo (short for Modena - don't you love those names!) had the best stories. She was great. I loved to sit at my Nana's house and just listen about swimming holes and riding horses all around. She lived well beyond 100. I think thats cool too.
Uncle Big Shot (Jarrett's dad's baby brother) was there. He is living with Mawmaw and Pawpaw and taking great care of them. We are so grateful he is there, plus he redecorated their house and it looks awesome. Big Shot is quite the entertainer and cook. He is super talented on the piano. I didnt have my camera with me, but Riley and Big Shot had a wonderful time on the piano that night. We ate like absolute pigs the almost 24 hours we were there. Michelle and Ryan (Jarrett's baby sister and her husband) arrived in time for dinner (how convenient). We ate, played with the dogs, watched the NBA finals and went to bed.

Jarrett and Pawpaw having some guy time - probably saying nothing, like boys do when the bond.


Riley is hanging out on the porch watching all the dogs. I think there were 3 0r 4 adults and one litter of about 8 cutie pups. It was Riley's first experience with puppies. She had quite the animal filled day!



You should have no doubt that we, the Stephenses, love to eat. I think that was the true test of whether or not I was worthy to be a Stephens - could I put away some food or not. Lucky for Jarrett, I can and was quickly accepted in the family.
Thanks to Big Shot for the spread that night! It was like Thanksgiving in June.

Big Shot is in the top pic (Kelsey is in her Bumbo seat on the counter behind him). The pic on the bottom is the whole family, minus me (taking picture) and Big Shot (probably preparing more food).

Mawmaw with her great grandbabies, the "sweetest thangs" to her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING these posts! How hilarious the farm visit must have been. It's always so amusing to watch little ones with their first experiences, isn't it.

Glad to hear you were formally accepted into the Stephens clan with your ability to put away the grub. They must have served bean dip? lol.

coneandmo said...

Yes, I blog stalk you all. :) I had to comment on Jarrett's "Late Night" shirt. How long is that shirt going to last? heehee -Michele