CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tea for Me

I had one of those moments... Riley's class had a Mother's Day Tea for us. The look on Riley's face when I walked in her class. (She is the one standing up at her table - kind of in the middle of the picture.) She was so proud of her presents and so proud I was her mom. She couldn't wait for me to sit by her and lets be honest, to share my plate of food and sweet tea with her too. She made me a plate, a frame with her picture in it and a place mat. I love them all. She was adorable. She held my hand and laced her fingers in mine. It was so funny to see her with the other kiddos. Their little inside jokes, I didn't get any of them, but they were very funny to a two year old. I'm so proud of my little girl - she is growing up so fast. Boy, I love her. She makes me want to be a stronger, more obedient Christian and a better wife, mom and friend - just for her. She is watching and learning from me. I have such a great privilege and responsibility and want to raise my girls to be amazing and dynamic and most important, godly women who make a difference. I want to guide them and shape them to be exactly who God created them to be and to have integrity, dignity, grace and other amazing qualities that alot of the women God has placed in my life exhibit. You can't model what you don't genuinely live. I see so many areas in my life where I need to step it up. They see it all!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a GREAT day!

Jenni G. said...

So proud of the mom you are, Deb! You are an example to more than just your girls. :)