CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Our pup...


This is our little man, Samson. He is about 7 years old. We "inherited" him from some friends. We dog sat for them when they had their baby. We fell in love with him and the rest is history. He was fixed and potty trained and new some tricks so it was an easy transition. I did want to change his name to "Cowboy" cause his coloring makes him look like he is wearing tan boots, but it never stuck. And I am in to clever pet names. Our first pet when we got married was Uno, a hamster. That little sucker bit me all the time. But he loved to play in his exercise ball and roll around the apartment. Uno passed on suddenly and it was tragic to me....Don't ever bring up Uno to Jarrett, I assure you the only reason he allowed me to get him was that we were in the newlywed stage of life.
Samson is a miniature pinscher. Contrary to popular belief, the miniature pinscher came first and then they bred up to the bigger doberman pinscher. At least thats what I was told. I had never seen one before Samson. I grew up with mini dachshunds. They are awesome. "Min pins" are like a dachshund on stilts, same peanut body shape, paws and cute little faces. He is about a foot tall and weighs around 12 lbs. I love that his ears are not cropped and one folds over and the other stands tall. Min pins are super duper smart and therefore have tons of energy and tend to bark a bit. So that can get on your nerves after a while. Samson loves Riley, especially at meal time. He is the perfect vacuum and mop. He is a cuddler too and will fight tooth and nail to get under a blanket with you. Every so often I will catch him laying next to Kelsey during her tummy time.... Samson loves to be in pictures. So you may see his ear or the top of his head in the corner of some of pictures....

0 comments: