CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

M J

I know I am not the only one who is staying up till 2am watching all the Michael Jackson tributes. Can I get a witness? I am so sad and so sleepy because everyone is running tributes now. He completed the "trifecta" (you Ticket listeners know what I am talking about) for this week. First, Ed McMahon, then Farrah Fawcett and finally Michael Jackson. I have the best memories of the Victory Tour concert at Reunion Arena my cool Aunt Jonelle and Uncle Mac took me to when I was mucho younger. Sported the glove too. I still can't believe my parents let me go, but I am so grateful. Wish I had kept that concert t-shirt now. I can't really say Michael influenced my wardrobe (thank goodness), my life or was "with me thru all my ups and downs and I don't know what I will do without him" (yes, a quote from a lady on the news at the Dallas celebration of life services for MJ), but he did provide some great tunes to grow up to. I will be heading to bed on time tonight, I can't handle another Billy Jean video (with that terrible little red bowtie).

2 comments:

Marci said...

And in a final tragegy for the week, Billy Mays, the shouting guy on the Oxi-Clean commercials, died too!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Deb! His whole life just makes me want to bawl... so sad. So much self-loathing and pain. Why does it seem that sometimes the most gifted are the most tortured?