CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 12, 2009

did you miss me????

people who still love us. please accept my apologies. i have not gone over to the facebook side (no offense to those that have). we are still alive and well. life has been crazy busy and i have had zero time to blog. but i have missed it. more than you have probably missed me. pass the word - we are back in action.
here has been our life since my last post (shamefully in march!!!):
1) our house is on the market. come and buy it. it is adorable. you will be sorry you didnt. the majority of my time has been keeping the house spotless for showings. and we have had a ton. if you provide us with the seller, i am officially offering you a finders fee ($$$$). take me up on it. we are not going anywhere too far, we are just needing to move closer to the church....because of #2
2) jarrett has been graciously given the saturday night service at prestonwood. he is preaching and jared wood is leading worship. it is awesome. this kicked off in mid may. service starts at 6 and the nursery is open. this is a great service for all ages and stages. come check it out!
needless to say, still having the honor of hanging out with the young singles, our lives are super busy and for the majority at pwood. moving closer (#1) would allow us more time with daddy and less $ on gas!
3) riley was accepted to pca for the fall. she will be in the pre-k 4, 2 day a week class. holly shivers and i went to the uniform sale together. i was glad i had a friend there to hold my hair back if i needed to throw up. it has made me so very emotional - and its only pre-k. i wept on the way to church and back. and school is 2 months away. i cant believe they make uniforms that small. lets move on because i am getting teary.
4) if you haven't heard, jarrett and riley were in a horrible car accident a week ago. the car flipped (yes, flipped) twice and they walked away. car is totaled but they were ok. its an absolute miracle. let me tell you something. if you don't know that our God is great and in control, call me. i will share all the intricate details of His protection and provision that morning. we are in awe and praise Him for allowing that in our lives. our eyes are on Him alone!
i have many many pictures to post (including our smooshed car), but jarrett needs the computer to work on his message for saturday so i am being kicked off.
thanks for hanging in there with us!
xxoo

6 comments:

Julie Morris said...

Debbie!!! I'm so glad you are back! Have missed your updates so much! Um...didn't know about the accident...my heart stopped when I read that...you owe me a phone call girlfriend AND another Babies R Us date!!

Juls

Lisa H. said...

Deb--I was just fussing at Jarrett for no updates when I sent his birthday greetings and "love". That is when he gave me the "busy, house on the market, busy, etc." story. AND, of course I had no idea about the accident. Good thing, June isn't easy for the Higgs family. Thank you Lord, for blessing great and small. Now, what were you saying about pictures? Love ya'll, momma #2 Lisa

Marci said...

Oh my word, I get shivers hearing about that car wreck. God is so good! Glad to read the update, when can we do lunch????---Marci and Luke (six months, can you believe THAT????)

Jeff and Amy said...

Yes!!! I missed seeing how you guys are doing and what the Stephens family is up to! Praise the Lord fpr His protection!! What an amazing story to be able to share!!

Jeff and Amy said...

um...that would be FOR His protection...not fpr! :)

The Flesher Family said...

So glad to see you guys are back and blogging. Since Matt and I don't go to Pwood anymore we only hear little bits here and there from friends about you guys. We heard about the horrible wreak from Sandy Neal and we are praising God that they were not hurt. Take care,
Lindsey (Rowland)& Matt Flesher