CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Training wheels, not pants!

Riley spent the week at Gammy and Papa's house while Jarrett and I were at Camp Fuego (outside of Shreveport). We went to pick her up and picked up a whole new child. She demonstrated her bike skills on the driveway. I almost cried. Not because I was so worried she would fall and get hurt (although it crossed my mind and 5 seconds later, she fell - thank goodness for helmets and training wheels!), but because she is just doing such big kid things....She was speeding up and down that driveway and didnt want Daddy's help at all. My in-laws have a driveway like my grandparents did. So when I see Riley riding up and down it, the greatest memories came to me.
Also, my little one is wearing "big girl panties". Tinkerbell, Dora and any of the Disney princesses are her favorites. That week I happened to devote almost all my free time to reading books on toddlers and potty training. We were going to bootcamp it so she would be hopefully trained before her birthday party. Wish I had been reading fun books. She was returned to us in big girl panties. No more pullups! I dont miss them.

And I'm off!


This is one for her rehearsal dinner slideshow!

1 comments:

coneandmo said...

Too cute! I love it! I can't believe that she's 3 already! Woohoo for big girl panties!!!! :) Michele